Search

Content

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Grandmother.


Click to see the bigger picture


This is was one of the first photos I took with my new camera. And it's also one of the last photos I took of my grandmother.

This morning I got a phone call. My dear grandmother had passed away. 

There's so much that I'd like to say and do, but I just don't know what or how. I've never felt anything like this before. 

She was an incredible person: strong-willed, strict and dignified. She wasn't afraid of hard work and it seemed that she could do almost everything. She was also a bit stubborn and very traditional, so we never truly understood each other when it came to my crazy hair colour and my love for black clothes. But she loved me, even though I wasn't exactly the greatest person in the world. 

I'm sorry that during the last years you had to see me when all the bad things happened to me and when I weren't able to meet the expectations. I'm sorry that you you will never see my graduation day next year or my future children. Or how happy my life is going to be now, when I'm stable and healthy.

I'm sorry that you never made it to Home.



Good-bye, granny. I'll miss you... 



My sister and grandmother.


Kuressaare
8th of August 2011

3 pretty words:

  1. Shiiit, I feel really sorry for your loss. Losing someone close to you is always painful.
    I remember when my grandfather died, I felt like getting a shotgun facelift. And I couldn't visit his grave for 8 years cause I was afraid I might get a mental breakdown. It's just something you gotta learn to live with.

    Anyway, my point is, be strong, and if needed, then I'm always a good listener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It's strange to talk about it. I couldn't even tell it to my class-mate. I didn't want to sound weird and put people in an awkward situation. I guess I'll have to write about it and think it through, just to let go. I can give you a link if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if you do feel like sharing it with me...

    ReplyDelete

Say something, dear friend.