Search

Content

Monday, September 1, 2014

Viru Folk 2014

I discovered a new festival for me. It's called the Viru Folk Festival and it's held in Käsmu, a lovely little seaside village in Northen Estonia. It was my first time in the festival and in Käsmu. And honestly - I was completely blown away by how cute and beautiful everything was. 

I was also testing my new lens, Nikkor 18-140mm, which I got on the same day I went to Käsmu. It's not anything special, but it's price and quality were the best that I could find. I also tried to do something new this summer: tried new angles, switched to RAW (I know, I should have done that for a long time ago...), started to almost "get" the whole Manual-shooting thing, messed around with shutter speed, aperture sizes and different light sources (concert photos), didn't put my camera away the very second the sun went down etc. Still not a pro, but I feel I learned a lot during this summer. 

For some reason I think that Viru Folk's photos are one of the best I've ever (or at least for a very long time) taken. I'm really happy about them, I love the way the night-time concert photos look, everything felt new and great for me. I guess photographer's happiness really does show up on their photos... 

So yeah, long post is loooong! 





My friend and her adorable daughter. 



Incredibly warm summer evening by the sea. 
And a bunch of strange flying bugs (upper left corner)... 


We were camping in our friends' friend's backyard. 
Basically the sea was just 10 meters from his garden. Fantastic! 

Such a calm evening... 


Curly Strings (Estonia)
Listen to their wonderful and sweet music from HERE! 




Trying to take pictures between really tall people... 
The whole place was just packed with people and I could get any closer to the stage. That's how popular Curly Strings is in Estonia. 



Angus (Estonia)
Great reggae/ska band from my home-town Viljandi.




























Drink coffee - do stupid things faster with more energy! 


The Hairy One.


Huge toy-pillows. 




Got me some fancy harem trousers. My first harem trousers. 
Honestly, I'll never make fun of anyone who wears them - those things are the most comfortable things ever. I may look a bit strange in them, but they are awesome. 
I regret nothing. Check out Dharma Fashion's trousers in HERE.  








Ukerdajad (Estonia) 
Listen to their song "Kährikupüük" in YT. 


That pug! 




















One of my favourite photos from this festival. 




I love how the little guy on the right is like "Do you think this is a motherf*cking game!?" 




SomBy (Finnish/Sami)

















Once again - my obsession with hands and photo-taking... 




















Even my BF bought some harem trousers... He was actually the one who started this trend in our family. I was just a humble follower. 


More seaside views. 


Dagö (Estonia)






















Super Hot Cosmos Blues Band (Estonia)





After the concerts we built a fire on the beach. I've always dreamed of sitting by the camp fire on a beach (just like in the movies!), but this was the first time I actually did it. We just sat there with friends, drank rum and waited for the sunrise. 

A really bright star. Maybe it was planet Venus? 

The morning light is slowly appearing.


Although I was very tired, I still managed to stay up to see the sun.

My friend Alo. 


Last (drunk & tired) shot of the morning light and then off to bed! 


Snoop Dogg. 

Hungry, tired, hungover, sweaty and dehydrated. 
Waiting for the Best Burgers I Have Ever Tasted. 





Statue near the sea. 
My boyfriend commented: "This is the angriest sheep I've ever seen..."

I wanted to climb this watchtower so I could take pictures from up there. 
The result was that I almost got a panic attack while being halfway up the first ladder (just few metres from the ground). 
My fear of heights is just ridiculous. :D

Random porch on the top of a hill. It looked like someone had moved their house and forgot to take the porch with them. 

Miss Fluffy-Trousers. 


Alo, the boss of the steam sauna. 







Steampunk! 




8th to 10th of August 2014
Käsmu, Estonia

0 pretty words:

Post a Comment

Say something, dear friend.