Search

Content

Sunday, August 31, 2014

XXII Viljandi Folk Music Festival

Something from this year's Folk Music Festival in Viljandi. I didn't take as many photos as I thought I would, because I bought a new lens just a few days before the festival. And it turned out to be a total bunch of no good. Eventually I took it back, cancelled the deal and had to go to Viljandi with my trustworthy 18-55mm kit lens... So I was really bummed out about the whole situation and I wasn't really trying. 

This is why I mostly hung out with my dear friends, trying to fix my mood and enjoy the holiday. But here is what I managed to click. 

Fetén Fetén (Spain) 























Diego from Fetén Fetén and a little clapping monkey.

My fabulous friend Iris. 


Hot day, soft pillows, cold Prosecco and my wonderful friends - what a holiday! 


Mouthwatering Asian noodles. 

Besties. 






We managed to dance so hard to Kulno Malva's music, that my friend sprained her toe and the soles of my feet hurt all day... 


Nordic (Sweden)











For some reason I absolutely love to take pictures of people taking pictures. From their hands, from their faces. It's so cool to capture the moment they are trying to capture. Every time I see two giggling girls trying to get a good selfie, I grab my camera and shoot away. 




My friend Timmo, selling his pendants. 

Timmo Liiva's handmade jewellery! 
Get it from HERE!

Maarja Laadi's fancy jewellery. 
Get it from HERE!

My cool friend Maarja, selling her handmade jewellery on the market. 



Fruit-sellers. 

Hot day and fresh fruit... 

Brooch-making workshop. 

My dearest hometown. 
I hope you understand why I love it so much. 
And how sad I am that I had to leave. 


Etno Histeria Umeuropa Caravan
Around 40 great young folk musicians, each from different parts of the world. 







Etran Finatawa (Niger)






Zetod (Estonia) 



Svjata Vatra (Estonian/Ukrainian) 



Viljandi Folk Music Festival 
24th - 27th of August 2014
Viljandi, Estonia

0 pretty words:

Post a Comment

Say something, dear friend.