Search

Content

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Food, glorious food...

I haven't mentioned it, but I absolutely love good food and over the recent years I've grown really fond of food photography too. Since my BF is a cook, we sometimes work together at home: we find a new & interesting recipe, he cooks & bakes and then I take pictures of the result. We're proud food blog owners too. 

Here are some of my favourite photos of dishes we've done. I know these aren't very fancy and technically great photos, but it's a start! I'm still learning about styling, different angles and light. 

Sushi with cucumber, crab sticks and cheese spread/cream cheese

This is actually a very old photo, it was taken in 2011 and it was one of the first attempts to take proper pictures of food. A typical quick and random photo with weird props, but I like it. It was probably one of the first time when we made sushi too. I think I should take new sushi picture soon, just to show our progress in photography and sushi-making. Yum! 



Pasta with vegetables and chicken in my kitty-bowl. 

Another old shot from 2012. I actually learned to eat vegetables just like that. You just pop them into your pasta/rice/buckwheat and cook it for a while. Absolutely delicious. Here we used tomatoes, zucchini and grated carrots. 


Friday's Special - Pumpkin puree soup with croutons

First time I ate a puree soup... And I fell in love with it. Who knew it could be that tasty! 



Carrot puree soup with bacon
(and Sam's curious nose...)

We continued with the puree soups. This time we replaced pumpkin with carrots and added handful of bacon strips. Mmm... Bacon. 



This recipe didn't end up in our blog, because it wasn't really original and that special. But I really like how this photo turned out. I stepped out of my comfort zone, used a new angle and took many photos, just to get the right photo that was approved by the cook. 




Spicy chicken soup

It would seem that we really love soups... The truth is that we rarely make soup, but when we do, we try something new and of course try to blog about this. 

This is a nice creamy chicken soup with vegetables and chilli. A perfect soup for a cold winter evening and/or when you're feeling a bit ill. I'm not much of a fan of spicy foods, but this was really good. We managed to eat the whole potful of soup with just one evening... 



Chocolate and coffee cake with almonds

A cake made by my mum and I for my dad's birthday. We've made the same cake for many occasions over the years, but this time it looked so pretty that even I was surprised. 


0 pretty words:

Post a Comment

Say something, dear friend.