Search

Content

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Kalamaja päevad 2014

Last weekend I visited a really cool festival that was held in Northen Tallinn, in a subdistrict called Kalamaja (Fish House). Years ago, Kalamaja was in a really bad shape, but now real estate companies have fixed the place up and many young & cool people live in Kalamaja. Tiny wooden houses, green gardens, bicycles, artists, musicians, thrift shops... You can read more about Kalamaja in HERE

I think it was already the 6th Kalamaja festival and I was there for the first time. The weather was so warm and sunny, everybody looked happy and I really enjoyed myself. 

This yellow car represents the soul of Kalamaja so well! 

Kids selling waffles.


Lots of barbecue places. 




Estonian singer Chalice is making burgers for visitors. 


Tiger and pancakes. 




Summer-Santa. 




Ice-cream milk shakes from someone's kitchen. 


This cat managed to kick one poor pug's butt. After that one local woman told us, that this cat is like a dog for them. Really fearless guy! 


"Feed me and pet me and love me!"





My mum. 









Random dandelion field in the middle of Kalamaja. 





Typical houses. 


How to sell ice cream when you're not living on the ground floor? 
Just like that! 









There was an art exhibition in the garden and the whole time she was playing the violin. 











Estonian pop-rock band called Traffic had a small gig in the garden of a half-restored house. 

These two old ladies were dancing like crazy, giggling and nudging each other like school-girls. Their moves were even better than Jagger's! 





True fans: singing and choreography. 



Taking pictures of happy people seems to be my kind of drug. Staged photos will never give me the same wonderful feeling like festival photos... 




Like red berries. 


This little guy was playing his guitar the whole gig and smiling widely every time there was an applause. 










This was the only really sharp photo that I managed to get with my Jupiter. Yay for me! 








More dance moves! 







Kalamaja päevad 2014
Tallinn
17th of May 2014

0 pretty words:

Post a Comment

Say something, dear friend.